Most weekends on college campuses consist of drunken antics and inebriated decision making. According to Emily Kaiser’s blog post on citypages.com, people are now getting drunk off of hand sanitizer. Seriously.
Apparently children are swallowing enough of this stuff to get legally drunk. There are some serious issues that arise out of this–the fear of poisoning being the main concern. Aside from these “sober” issues, it’s pretty messed up that these kids are even capable of getting their hands on enough Purell to intoxicate themselves.
If you think about it, it’s pretty funny. As long as it’s not happening to you.
Call poison control if you’re in need of some further assistance: 1-800-222-1222.